This was sent to me by Christina, with the specific expectation that I would be the first to respond… and how can I let her down? So here goes…
1. What time did you get up? 5.20 a.m. (groan!) … for tennis.
2. If you could eat lunch with one person, who would it be? A good book. Ok, I know that’s cheating, so I’ll put in Amit for this one, but honestly, a good book…
3. Gold or silver? Silver
4. What was the last film you saw at the movies? Memoirs of a Geisha
5. What is/are your favorite TV shows? Friends, Seinfeld
6. What did you eat for breakfast? Grapes (!)
7. Who would you hate to be stuck in a room with? Probably many people but nobody in particular.
8. Who/what inspires you? A person who has skill, determination, and an unshakeable conviction in themselves… in any field
9. What is your middle name? I haven’t one
10. Beach, city or country? Beach or country
11. Favorite ice cream? Chocoate
12. Butter or plain popcorn? Neither
13. Favorite color? Currently red (alternates with blue)
14. What kind of car do you prefer to drive? Bike (cheating again)
15. Favorite sandwich? A concoction straight from heaven which I once had in Paris near the Jardin du Luxemburg: it had some non-veg (ham or chicken or both, I don’t recall) and walnuts and thin slivers of apple and lots of other stuff…
16. What characteristics do you despise? Dishonesty and lack of integrity
17. Favorite flower? In nature: jacaranda, gulmohar, salvia. In a vase: carnation
18. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation where would u go? Egypt, Rome, Himalayas, Masai… and so many more…
19. What color is your bathroom? Blue
20. Where would u like to retire? Ideally: in a village somewhere outside a large European city (with a comfortable climate). Failing that, a suburb of Bangalore will do, I suppose.
21. Favorite day of the week? Tuesday (work from home day)
22. What did you do for your last birthday? Had lots of food and drink… as usual
23. Where were you born? Chandigarh
24. Favorite sport to watch? Cricket (though I don’t really watch much sport)
25. Who do you least expect to send this back to you? Not sending it to anyone in particular, so hard to say
26. Person you expect to send it back first? Likewise… (Chris, I’m sure you got it right, but it’s only because I don’t have anything much to do…)
27. Coke or Pepsi? Either/neither. ThumsUp if possible.
28. Are you a morning person or night owl? Neither – but morning, if I must choose
29. Do you have any pets? None – unless you can count Amit…